Is Cedar on your list of roof material choices? Here are a few reasons to say yes to cedar.
1. Beauty: Each cedar shingle is hand-cut and creates a natural, rustic look for your home. Homeowners can choose from ambers, reds, golds and browns. Cedar ages gracefully, turning into a gray-silver color over time.
2. Long-lasting: Cedar is one of the world’s toughest woods and lasts at least 10 years longer than asphalt – racking up 30-50 years of coverage for your home.
3. Weather Resistant: It’s not surprisingly that cedar, indigenous to the Northwest is resistant to strong winds, hurricanes, heavy rains, snow and hail.
4. Energy Efficient: A natural insulator, cedar provides insulation up to 2x that of asphalt shingles, thus helping homeowners save on heating and cooling costs.
5. Stability: A low-density material with minimal shrinkage, cedar maintains its original dimensions in humid conditions. It lies flat, stays straight and holds fastenings tight.
Contact us to find out more about cedar shake roofs and other roofing choices.