Mulling over a metal roof? Here are a few reasons why a metal roof might work for you:
1. Longevity: A metal roof never needs replacing as they last 40-70 years compared to 12-20 years for traditional roof materials. The roof won’t dry out, split, curl, peel or flake. Metal roofs have been used for centuries, for good reason.
2. Superior Protection: A metal roof keeps your home protected against the elements – fire, wind, water and snow are no match for this roof.
3. Sustainable: Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which reduces heating/cooling costs by 10-25%. You can integrate solar panels under the metal roof surface to achieve further savings. Metal roofs alone can earn up to 25 USGBC LEED credits because metal roofs have coatings that prevent 75-80% of the sun’s energy from being absorbed into the roof. This can reduce roof surface temperatures by 60-70 degrees. At the end of a metal roof’s life, the material is 100% recyclable.
4. Easy installation: Metal roofs can be installed right on top of your existing roof material, thus avoiding all the mess and cost of stripping off an old roof.
5. Light: Metal roofs weigh less than 1/3 that of asphalt and add less than 10% to the weight of existing roof materials.
Give us a call at 206-248-3737 or email us to talk about roof choices. We offer free consultations.